Neurological problems in India are linked with various taboos because of the low level of knowledge about these life-threatening conditions. According to an estimate, more than 30 million people in India suffer from different forms of neurological disorders. This includes generalized condition such as stress to life-threatening conditions like a brain tumor. In some condition, neurosurgery is almost essential to save the life of the patient. In India, especially in the Delhi-NCR region, it is tough to find the best neurosurgeon in Faridabad.
Following are the neurological disorders where neurosurgery is almost essential:
- Hemorrhagic stroke:Â In hemorrhagic stroke, the blood vessels become ruptured due to the deposition of fatty substances.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: This syndrome occurs due to compression of median nerves (located on the palm side of the hand).
- Acoustic neuroma: It is a type of brain tumor, which occurs in the vestibular nerve. The occurrence of this tumor may lead to hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Spine tumor: Spine tumor develops in the spinal cord. This tumor affects vertebrate.
- Brain tumors (metastatic and primary brain tumors): In metastatic brain tumor, the tumor does not originate in the brain. It spread to the brain from the other part of body cancer. However, in a primary brain tumor, the tumor originates in the brain and affects brain tissues.
- Meningiomas:Â It is a type of brain tumor, which occurs in layers of the brain known as meninges.
Other conditions that require neurosurgeon are osteoporotic spine fractures, spondylolysis, back and neck pain, normal pressure hydrocephalus, skull-based tumors, astrocytoma, chronic subdural hematomas, and vertebral fractures.
The patient should get these conditions treated with the best neurosurgeon in Gurgaon.
Following symptoms are experienced by patients suffering from neurological disorders:
- Chronic pain in muscles, skin, and joints
- Serve headache
- Vision problems, in some cases double vision or loss of vision
- Memory problems.
- Paralysis or tingling sensations
- Speech problem such as slurred speech
- Loss of responsiveness
- Weakness in the lower body, arm, and neck
Following techniques are used to diagnose neurological diseases:
- CT/MRI Scans: Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) are painless procedures which are used to obtain a clear image of brain and spine including bone and vascular irregularities, spinal stenosis, intracranial bleeding in stroke patients and other neurological disorders.
- Electroencephalograms (EEG): Electroencephalogram is a diagnostic procedure that measures brain activity. It helps to diagnose seizures, brain injuries and tumor, degenerative disorder, inflammation in the brain and spinal cord and various type of psychiatric disorders.
- Myelography:Â Myelography is a diagnostic imaging procedure that helps to diagnose spinal nerves injury, herniated disc, spinal tumors, fractures, and nerve roots. This procedure involves a combination of injectable contrast substance with X-ray or computed tomography.
- Biopsy: Biopsy is a diagnostic procedure used to determine whether the tumor is benign or malignant.
- Angiography: Angiography is usually performed to detect the narrowing and destructive blood arteries in the brain, and the location and size of brain tumors.