Incorrect Back Posture And Back Pain
Proper posture is essential to maintain spinal health and structure. Any deformity in the spine may result in back pain. Various conventional treatment options are available. However, in case these treatments do not provide relief, surgery is advised to the patient.
Effect Of Incorrect Posture On Back
Proper back posture is important to avoid back problems. Prolong poor posture may result in detrimental effects on the back and spine. Following are some of the conditions that may occur due to poor posture:
Back, shoulder, and neck pain: Back, neck and shoulder pain are the most common occurrences due to poor posture. Even if the wrong posture does not cause pain in the back, it may aggravate the underlying back problems that already exist.
Misaligned spine:The spine is misaligned due to poor posture. It may result in muscle spasm.
Constricted nerves: Poor posture may result in the shifting of your bones. The shifting may result in compressing the nearby nerves. The compressed nerve may lead to back pain and pain in other parts of the body.
Spinal Curvature: There are various natural curves in the spine that helps you to bend and in performing a range of motions. Improper back posture may cause disturbances in these natural spinal curves and may lead to various issues.
Back Posture And Back Pain
Proper back posture is essential to avoid back problems. Further, care of the spine is required to prevent back pain. Repetitive functions that harm the back like lifting heavy objects, prolonged sitting, and physical labor with stress on the spine results in back pain. Further, the spine also undergoes a process of natural wear and tear.
There are three natural curves on the spine. These are the cervical curve, the thoracic curve, and the lumbar curve. Bad posture leads to stress on these curves and results in joint strain and muscle and ligament stress.
For proper posture and preventing stress on the spine, following tips to be adopted:
- Always sit at the end of your chair so that the buttock touches the back of the chair.
- Adjust yourself according to the curvatures of the spine.
- Both the hips should equally divide the weight of the body.
- Keep feet flat and the knees at the right angle.
- Do not sit in the same position for prolonged periods. Keep on changing your posture.
- Maintain your shoulder in a relaxing position by keeping them on a chair or desk.
- Avoid bending while standing up from the chair.
- Stand from the chair by moving forward from your seat.
Following are some of the treatment options for back pain due to bad posture:
- Sit and sleep with good posture.
- Exercise to improve normal spinal curvature.
- Enhance flexibility.
- Use ice and heat on the back to get relief from pain.
- Avoid repetitive motion for prolonged periods.
- Apply or take analgesics.
Spinal Surgery For Pain Relief
In some patients, there is no relief from back pain through conventional non-invasive therapies. It is because of the distortion of the spine. In such cases, surgery is required. Such patients may undergo fusion surgery. In the fusion surgery, the surgeon corrects the deformity in the spine and realigns the spine. If a person wishes to undergo fusion surgery, he should choose the best spine surgeon in Gurgaon. The surgery is done through advanced technology.
Neuro-navigation technology is used to correct spinal deformity. This technology allows surgeons to perform surgery through a digital map provided by the instrument. The surgery can also be done with the help of X-rays. Advanced technology allows the doctor to perform this surgery with high success, even in the children.